Dave & Tony's Premium Burgers Creve Coeur - Repeat Visit January 2014


It was my wife's pick for lunch this week, and she was in the mood for a burger so we again visited Dave & Tony's Premium Burgers in Creve Coeur (by the Schnucks by Barnes West Hospital.) It was nice to be out again after the snow and extreme cold weather, and the parking lot was well cleared of snow, so we were ready for some burgers! Last time we had visited I had actually tried a Chicago style hot dog, which was not bad, but not nearly as good as the Steakhouse burger I had the first time we visited. This time I thought I would try another "signature" combination so I selected a St. Louis burger, cooked medium again. I also ordered a side of onion rings since we had not had them there before and I thought the garlic fries were not that impressive. My son again ordered a custom burger with an egg, bacon, cheese and mayo (sounds like the heart attack special), my wife ordered a plain burger and my mother-in-law ordered a burger with lettuce, onions and tomatoes on it. She also ordered a Fitz's root beer on tap, which for some reason was had carried over by an employee for her, something she found amusing.

The place was about half full of the usual Creve Coeur strip mall crowd and they were playing very typical canned pop music which I thoroughly enjoyed but my son chastised me for singing along with it. What a party pooper! Some other places play some pretty awful canned music, so it was nice to just hear some normal pop music. Since I knew I would be eating with my hand I visited the restroom to wash my hands and they were very clean and well maintained, not at all like the ones at the Coffee Cartel which we visited last week.

In a very timely manner (also not like the Coffee Cartel) our burgers arrived. They were large as before and the serving of onion rings were generously scooped in a cardboard container which gave us plenty to share. The onion rings were "limp" and greasy, not stiff and crunchy like the ones at Five Star Burgers, but they were still very good and we ate them up (okay, I ate most of them.) They were very different from the Five Star variety but still good in their own way.

The burgers were prepared just as we liked them and large and messy as they were before ("messy" is a positive for most food for me!) My St. Louis burger had a good creamy thousand island dressing on it which went well with the lettuce, tomato, onions and provel cheese. The burger patty was thick and juicy and cooked to a pink perfection. My son was able to finish his "heart attack special" but was saddened when one piece of his bacon fell to the floor and had to be sacrificed.

All in all it was another delicious meal at Dave & Tony's Premium Burgers. I am guessing we will be coming back again!

Comments