Frontenac Grill - Return Visit March 2013


It was another cold Saturday in March and it was my pick for lunch so I wanted something that was hot and rich and bountiful, and I thought of the Chicago style pizza at Frontenac Grill and I was sold. It had been several months since our last visit and it seemed like a worthy place to go for a different kind of pizza (i.e. not the fantastic New York style pies at La Pizza.)


We arrived fairly early and as usual the place was pretty empty. I think most of their business is in the evenings when they have live music, but we do not mind the quicker service. One thing they do have is good bread, and I enjoyed both the rosemary Italian bread and the buttery little rolls. This time my wife and I split a large walnut gorgonzola salad which was quite good, and then we split a pepperoni Chicago style pizza. My son actually went with the turkey club sandwich, but they put too much turkey on it and not enough crisp bacon for his liking. My mother-in-law selected the pizza by the slice with the salad, and when it arrived, the "slice" she received looked like half of a St. Louis style pizza. My son was happy about that, as he "sampled" quite a bit of her "slice". He had wished he had ordered the pizza instead of his sandwich (he usually does order pizza there.) As for my wife and myself, the Chicago style pizza was fantastic and again more than we could eat together at one sitting so we were able to take home about 1/3 of it for lunch the next day (my favorite thing to do!)

Once again we had a very good lunch there at the Frontenac Grill. I sure hope they can stay in business since it is a nice place to go for a different kind of pizza experience, and they always have good service. When my son said his sandwich was "just alright" they actually took it off the bill. What a classy thing to do!

Comments