O'Charley's Kirkwood - Visited December 2015


It was a rainy Saturday and time for lunch, and my wife decided we should go to O'Charley's in Kirkwood. It had been a while since I had been there so I had to check their menu for something new on their menu. I noticed they had a new entree called the Savannah Crab Cake Dinner, and after having the very good crab cake at The Kitchen Sink just a month or so ago, I decided to try that out.

When we arrived the parking lot was pretty empty and so was the dining area. We were seated at a long booth, but the table was not well centered between the benches, and one bench was not evenly seated on the floor and would rock. Our server, Corey, was fairly attentive and brought us out some rolls pretty quickly as we all decided what to have. My wife and son both ordered the club sandwich, my mother-in-law ordered the fish and chips, my daughter ordered the chicken tenders and I ordered the crab cake dinner. It did not take us long to consume the six rolls that Corey first brought out, and he was quite attentive in bringing us more before our main entrees arrived.


My crab cake dinner was pretty good, not as flavorful and fresh tasting as the one from The Kitchen Sink, but still not too bad for a chain bar and grill. There were two generous crab cakes served over skillet corn and I ordered sweet potato fries on the side which were nothing too exciting, but fine dipped in ketchup. Everyone else seemed pleased enough with their entrees although my daughter did not eat too much of her chicken (too much grease.) Their food tends to be okay, but it never has much pizzazz to it. Since we had a coupon for a free slice of pie, we did order a slice of pecan pie for my mother-in-law to go, and Corey quickly brought us a variety of take-out boxes and a large O'Charley's bag to bring home leftovers. He definitely worked hard to try to serve us in good fashion, but aside from the rolls the food is just not very exciting.


Food Quality
Service

Comments