House of India, Delmar - visited April 2015


Our fine departmental staff had not had lunch out together in a while, and since my birthday was in April they let me pick the location since they knew I liked to eat! It had been about a full year since my daughter had taken me to House of India for my birthday, so it seemed it was time to enlighten my coworkers by selecting that fine establishment on Delmar. First off, Marcia had to prove to us that all seven of us could fit in her new car, so we proved her theory correct. It may not have been the most comfortable fit, but we all did it! We were able to grab one of the coveted parking spots right in front of the restaurant and we were glad we picked the day before Administrative Professional's Day and not the actual day so the place was not so crowded! We were seated in the "elevated" area in a table were we could overlook the street and parking lot, which allowed us to watch the cars as they tried to park and also gave us some nice sunlight.

We were able to proceed directly to the buffet where we could sample the many dishes there, pretty much the same ones they always have, chicken curry, chicken tiki masala, tandoori chicken, saag paneer, naan bread, etc. They did have some cheese balls in some type of syrup which were pretty odd which I may never had noticed before, but since someone commented on them I had to try them. They were unusual but not really all that good. The naan there is always pretty good and so are all the chicken and vegetable dishes. One coworker noted that the curry was not that hot, and in general it seemed they try to not make anything too spicy. But it was still all good and very flavorful and makes a nice change of pace.  I never leave the place not stuffed, and it happened again!


Comments