Pasta House - University City - Visited March 2014


It was my mother-in-law's week to select Saturday lunch, and despite my efforts to convince her to try somewhere new, we ended up again at the Pasta House on Delmar in University City, which meant I would get to see if they were serving up anything new and different. I looked over their special Winter 2014 Menu and noticed a ravioli con salsiccia e fungi special with a salad for $13.99. Not only would I get to eat it, but I could order it in a really bad Italian accent attempting to pronounce it properly.  Our waitress was the ever efficient Stephanie (who apparently just had her car totalled parked on the street by the restaurant) which always meant the order was properly placed and we were politely and expediently served (except when she was explaining her accident to another table as well.)

My wife and mother-in-law split two dishes, the grilled Sicilian grouper and the baked Mostaccioli, with a salad for each, but they would also get another side. They decided to get a side of peas, mushrooms and prosciutto ham and a light sauce which was quite nice. My daughter also ordered the Mostaccioli with a salad and my son ordered the Philly Cheese sandwich with a side of red pasta. The rolls arrived first and they were warm and tasty, seeming even fresher than normal, followed shortly by our generous single serve salads and then by our entrees. I enjoyed the ravioli special and the sausage added a nice flavor bonus to the sauce, mushrooms and pasta.

It is hard not to be satisfied after a pleasant lunch at Pasta House in U City with good food, and friendly and very competent service (thanks again, Stephanie.) We have to keep going there to keep them in business!

Comments