Bandana's Rock Hill - Visited May 2013


The day after commencement, my daughter had to drive her vegetarian friend to the airport, but her gluten-free friend was still available to have lunch with us. So what better place could we go for a gluten-free diner than a meat fest -- Bandana's! To help compensate for the gluten-freeness of my lunchtime substitute daughter, my son ordered his chicken plate with garlic toast as all his sides! Yes, he received 4 pieces of garlic toast so he had enough gluten for everyone. We ended up taking much of his garlic toast home and we did eat it as part of a home meal. They definitely put a lot of butter on that garlic toast, but it sure is tasty!

I, as usual, ordered a pork luncheon platter with cole slaw and fries so I could eat all the sauces and create various mixtures of them for my pork, my fries and my garlic toast. It almost becomes a laboratory experiment for me, and by the end of the meal all of the sauce bottles (except for the original mustard based one) always end up around my plate. The staff at Bandana's must wonder what I do with all those sauces!

The meat may not be quite as good as someplace like Pappy's, but for a quick tasty meat fest it is hard to beat Bandana's and their never ending collection of sauces.

Comments