O'Charley's Kirkwood - Visited March 2013


It had been a few months since our last visit to the O'Charley's restaurant in Kirkwood, and I was ready to continue trying all of their 9.99'er specials they had advertised. I had already tried their Honey Drizzled Fried Chicken (which was just okay) and their Cajun Chicken Pasta (which was much better) but I had been tempted by their television ads we saw while watching American Idol. I considered the new Double-Crust Chicken Pot Pie, but instead went with Cowboy Sirloin, complete with the crispy onion tanglers and the cheesy bacon smashed potatoes. We, of course, first started off with some tasty O'Charley's rolls which we promptly received from our waitress, Ally. The other three members present ordered burgers and fries with different toppings, and I ordered my sirloin steak.
Cowboy Sirloin 9.99er from O'Charley's
When my Cowboy Sirloin arrived, I was a little disappointed by the serving size, but then again I really do not need to eat at much as I do! I had ordered it medium, and I think it was more like medium-well (not a sign of pinkness anywhere) but it was still very tasty, especially with the nice peppery coating. Speaking of pepper, I thought my smashed potatoes needed a little more pepper so I took the pepper shaker and gave a hearty shake. Unfortunately the pepper shaker thought I needed a LOT more pepper as the top popped off and about a teaspoon of pepper plopped onto my potatoes. Luckily, I do like pepper, so I was able to just knock off the excess and eat the rest of the potatoes. It was actually pretty good that way! My son was enjoying his burger but thought the smell of all my pepper was too much.
My son's burger at O'Charley's
His burger did leave a small puddle of burger drippings on his plate which he considered a good thing, especially since it was not bloody. Plus he just wanted me to take a picture of the burger puddle.
My son's burger puddle
As for the service, Ally did all right, but she did promise to try to give us a discount since they messed up the burger orders a bit (cheese when we did not order it), and she took a while bringing us ketchup. My wife also noticed that the ladies' restroom was in need of some remodeling with some items not properly fastened to the walls, the faucets aimed so you could barely get to the water, and other small items needing some maintenance. She did say they were at least clean, but they need some handyman to go in there and tidy things up.

Still, I would go back and continue my survey of their 9.99er menu, just because I like to say out loud the phrase "nine ninety-niner". We still find O'Charley's a good place to go for lunch, otherwise we would not drive all the way to Kirkwood to go visit it!

Comments