O'Charley's - Kirkwood - October 2012


It was my mother-in-law's pick for lunch today and she picked the O'Charley's in Kirkwood since she likes the fish 'n chips there. So off we went from the Brentwood area to 44 and Lindbergh. It is often difficult deciding the best way to get there. Should we take Elm or Rock Hill Road to 44, take 40 to Lindbergh, or take 40 to 270 to 44 back to Lindbergh. It sure would be nice if there was an obvious choice! That is almost as difficult as the food choice at O'Charley's. They have a lot of different selections, and I never know what I am going to get there.

The rest of my group is pretty easy though. My wife and son both like the Philly Cheese Steak sandwich (which I will admit is pretty good), but my wife prefers it without the spicy queso whereas my son like the spicy cheese (he likes most cheeses!). Luckily he also prefers seasoned fries to plain ones, since I always steal some of his fries. As I mentioned my mother-in-law likes the Fish N' Chips and that is what she ordered. They are definitely generous with their portions since the amount of fish they gave her was huge.

Last time we had been there, I remembered I ordered the Honey-Drizzed Southern Fried Chicken from their $9.99er special menu and it was alright but somewhat plain. I thought I would go with something with a little more zip this time, so I picked the Cajun Chicken Pasta, also from the same $9.99 menu. I wanted a salad with that so I ordered one, and it was not until later that I realized that came with a free dessert! So I selected the brownie with ice cream and tried to offer to share it with anyone else at my table, but I was forced to eat it all myself. Needless to say, I really did not mind! Plus that way, along with some of my son's fries I was pretty full and could take home a good portion of my chicken pasta. That will make a tasty lunch for me at work on Monday, which always makes me happy. The Cajun Chicken pasta was a much tastier pick than the Southern Fried Chicken from last time, and I was also glad I ordered the salad.

The service at the restaurant was quite good today as well, as our waitress was training a new waitress who had a striking resemblance to Kelly Clarkson.  Both of them kept coming back asking if everything was alright, and the manager came twice to our table making sure we were having a good meal. We definitely prefer O'Charley's to the Texas Roadhouse just a few hundred feet away. We think it is worth the drive from the Brentwood/Richmond Heights area.

I now know of three vacant (or soon to be vacant) restaurants in the Brentwood, Richmond Heights, Rock Hill area, and we are looking forward to seeing what new places will open up there: 1) The closed Plush Pig at McKnight and Manchester, 2) The Amighetti's location at the same corner which is moving just a block west on Manchester 3) Hunan Wok on Brentwood that now has a "For Sale" in front of it. It also looks like a new Vida Mexican Kitchen restaurant is moving to the Galleria right next to the BlackFinn. I sure wish someone else in my family liked Mexican food, since I sure do!

Comments