Potbelly's Sandwich Shop - Revisited November 2012


My son and I had to eat and head back to our church on a Sunday evening and thought we would revisit Potbelly's Sandwich Shop in Creve Coeur which we both liked and which was very close to our church. It was raining a little bit, and we were afraid we might have to run a bit to the restaurant, but the parking lot was pretty empty so we could park pretty close to the door. When we entered, we noticed that Potbelly's was much less crowded than on the Saturday lunchtime when we last visited. Back then it was packed, but on a rainy Sunday evening around 5:00 pm it was pretty empty. This time I ordered "A Wreck" on the multi-grain bread along with some of the hot Zapp's Hotter N' Hot chips I liked last time. The sandwich came out nice and toasty warm which was quite nice on a rainy night. I knew better than to order it with everything this time, and they did not soak it with oil this time but did add some extra hot peppers. There was no guitar player this time, and my son and I just had to stare at each other and make conversation, while I tried to steal some of his chips. Their sandwiches are definitely not as filling as eating a 12" Subway sandwich, but it is a nice change of pace.

Comments