PotBelly's Sandwich Shop - Creve Coeur - September 2012


I had heard this new Potbelly Sandwich Shop from Chicago just opened up in the old Provision's location on Olive in Creve Coeur next to Creve Coeur Camera, so I knew we would have to go visit. When we showed up on Saturday for lunch the lot was pretty full and so was the dining area, including a guy playing acoustic guitar and singing for the crowd. I know my family was happy I did not bring my guitar or I would have joined him! I have never heard of live music at a sandwich shop, but it did help mask the dining crowd noise which was fairly loud.

The line was several people deep when we got there, but they were very efficient and kept it moving. My son ordered the "A Wreck" without salami but with bacon added, I ordered the Italian on multi-grain (double meat), and my wife and mother-in-law both selected a turkey. I also ordered some Zapp's Hotter 'N Hot potato chips since my son thought I needed some. I asked for all the toppings except for onions (as I always order at Subway) which may have been a mistake since they put a bunch of oil on my sandwich which made it a big drippy mess.

The dining area was pretty crowded but we did find a booth for four where we could eat. The sandwiches were tasty and warm and my son and I both liked them pretty well. My Zapp's potato chips were pretty good, too. My wife and mother-in-law were less impressed and thought they were good but nothing special. My wife would have preferred having low-fat or non-fat mayo available and thought it was too noisy. She did appreciate the toasted bread, though. All in all we decided it was more of a "guy sandwich" kind of place, but we may come back if it is my son's or my pick for lunch.

Comments