Gramophone, The Grove - Picked up May 2021


Upstream Dream

After spending the morning helping our eldest move a large sofa and then the afternoon helping them tile parts of their home, we were treated to a pick up dinner at a local eatery and the group decided to go with The Gramophone in The Grove which has a very extensive list of unique sandwiches. Perusing their menu I noticed a number of sandwiches which looked very promising, but I decided to get "When Pigs Fly" which is a pulled pork sandwich with bacon, pepper jack cheese, cajun ranch, lettuce, tomato and onions on a toasted ciabatta roll.

When Pigs Fly

We ordered online and then one of us drove over to get the sandwiches and were back at the house fairly quickly with the hot sandwiches still quite warm. They were all well wrapped and we were ready to dig in and enjoy. When I lifted my sandwich I could feel its heft and knew this was a loaded sandwich. The toasted bread was a bit of a mess on my hands, and by the end with some Cajun ranch escaping it was a pretty big mess. Luckily I like a messy sandwich since that is what it was! The pork was tender and juicy and with the Cajun ranch and cheese, it was a great flavor combination. 

My wife had ordered the Clubhouse and they were able to tweak it to her liking by removing the cheese and replacing the pepper and Cholula mayo with just plain mayo instead. She thought it was delicious but she realized one reason it was so good was the bread was greasy with something probably not so healthy. It also had abundant crisp bacon which added to the flavor but also did not help in healthiness.

Pictured above is the Upstream Dream salmon sandwich which looked very good as well with salmon, bacon, goat cheese and Sriracha aioli. There is definitely a sandwich there that could be modified to satisfy just about anybody. I heartily approve of their menu and await the next time I can try a different sandwich.

Sandwich menu variety, promptness, value



Comments