Cyrano's Cafe, Webster Groves - Visited by my wife, February 2020



Here is a review by my wife of Cyrano's Cafe in Webster Groves which she visited with a group from our church.

Today our church women's group had lunch at Cyrano's Cafe in Webster Groves.  It was the first time in several decades that I had eaten there.  In fact, the last time I ate there, they were located on Big Bend in Richmond Heights.  The parking lot was completely full, but I was able to parallel park on Summit around the corner after dropping off my passenger at the door. The five of us were given a round table at the entrance to the dining area which was comfortable and convenient but a little noisy.

As a devoted unsweetened iced tea drinker, I was delighted that the table was supplied with adequate packets of both "yellow" and "blue" artificial sweeteners.  I get so tired of having to ask for these elsewhere, and also tired of being supplied the "pink" suspected carcinogen packets and those disgusting "green" packets. We were also all given goblets of cold water, a practice which has become uncommon.

One of our guests ordered the special of the day which was a lobster salad slider, a salad with Ranch dressing, and a cup of lentil soup.  She found the salad to be absent the dressing and she took the sandwich home so I cannot say much about that meal.  Another of us had a huge spinach salad and she ate it all, so it must have been good.  Another of us, one who cannot eat gluten, requested a gluten free menu and was told basically that they could have any of the sandwiches without bread.  She ended up ordering a shrimp dish in sauce.  It looked kind of small but she ate it and said that she had had something similar in New Orleans. The remaining two of us had the turkey club.  I had mine with limp fries while the other friend had hers with dry cole slaw. I love fries, but I ate less than 8 of these limp, skinny fries.  In my extensive survey of turkey clubs in St. Louis, this one was certainly no better than average.  The toast was very greasy and not in a good way.  The bacon must have been thick cut bacon and was hard to chew.  My joy in a turkey club is the mayo and I'm not sure if this sandwich even had any mayo on it. Cyrano's is somewhat known for its desserts and therefore I should have skipped the meal and had dessert instead.  

Our server didn't smile much but we were adequately taken care of.  Drinks were replenished and another employee tended us occasionally and took our dishes in a timely manner.

I'm not sure where all of the drivers of those cars in the parking lot were unless each person in the restaurant drove separately.  The restaurant was maybe 2/3 full.

Overall, it was a nice place to meet and the prices were quite reasonable but the food was only mediocre.


Food Quality

Service

Parking

Comments