Seoul Taco, Delmar - Visited January 2020

Gogi & Waffles (with beef)
It was another Saturday lunch with my wife in the hospital with her mother (she had fallen again on another Friday) but this time both my adult children were available for lunch. So the three of us headed off to a place I had not visited in a few years, Seoul Taco on the Delmar Loop. As we approached Kingsland to park in the lot north of the restaurant I realized this was the first time I had been to the Loop since the official closing of the Loop Trolley. We would not have to worry about being stuck behind one of the trolleys or laugh at how few people were riding it.

As we waited for our son to arrive, his older sibling told me about a newer option at Seoul Taco that I decided to try, the Gogi & Waffles which sounded pretty interesting so I decided to get it. It is a pile of sweet potato waffle fries covered in queso, kimchi, and Korean sauces along with your choice of protein (I selected beef). They had mentioned it was a generous portion, and it was which I did not mind since I was pretty hungry. The waffle fries were very crisp and delicious on their own or just with the cheese and sauces, but the kimchi and beef added a lot of flavor as well, and I was definitely a fan! My two offspring selected a burrito and a gogi bowl (the weekly vegetables for my son!), and whereas both of them looked good, I was quite pleased to have selected the Gogi & Waffles.

There was a pretty good crowd there for a Saturday lunch and we received our food pretty quickly. We discussed how Seoul Taco had been there for a while now and expanded into the Seoul Q that was previously next door. A lot of other eateries have come and gone within that time frame, but Seoul Taco has endured and prospered and we hope they remain there, I know both my millennial children really enjoy it and frequent it often, so they are likely to endure for a while.

Food Quality, Flavor, Variety and Value

Comments