Himalayan Hut, Rock Hill - Revisited January 2020


Today my wife was with her mother in the hospital so Saturday lunch was up to myself and my two adult children. The younger of the two could not seem to be able to wake himself up, so it ended up being a lunch for two at the Himalayan Hut in Rock Hill! I had not been there since Father's Day 2018 so it seemed fitting to again show up with one of my children, but this time the older one.

We were able to park at the sidewalk next to the building and when we entered it seemed much like it did 1 1/2 years ago. We were seated at a comfortable window booth overlooking the parking lot and we went to visit the buffet line to see what to get. Once again there were three sections, with the first one being sauces, salad and fruit selections which we both quickly bypassed to check on the main entrees. I selected pretty much a little of every meat entree including the goat curry this time.

The goat curry was pretty good, and it was not hot at all. In fact, none of the food was overly hot but it was all very tasty. The veggie samosa and pakora were very fresh and crisp appetizers and I picked some more of those on my second round. The chicken chilli and fish curry were also outstanding and I picked up some of those on round two as well. I actually skipped all the rices since I knew we were having rice with dinner, so I could just eat everything with naan which is always fresh and delicious there.

The service was very good with someone checking on us regularly to see if we needed more water or to clear empty plates. By the time we left there were several other people there enjoying the buffet, so hopefully they are doing well enough to keep themselves in business. The last time we visited, I was wondering when I could make it back, and I was quite glad to come back again!

Food Variety, Quality, Service and Value

Comments