BrickTops Frontenac - Visited November 2019


This review of BrickTops in Frotenac was written by my wife who visited this week:


A group of 9 women and myself went to lunch on a weekday at BrickTops in Frontenac.  The food was ok, the ambiance was attractive but noisy, and the prices were a tad high.

It didn't help that all of us thought that BrickTops sounded like an upscale artisan pizza place but there wasn't a single pizza on the menu.  Not even a flatbread.  In fact, after reading the menu, the person beside me agreed when I said that nothing on the menu especially appealed to me.  They had sandwiches, salads, and entrees.  I selected a cobb salad which came with a balsamic vinaigrette dressing.  The salad contained lettuce, chicken, tomato, avocado, egg, blue cheese, and a lot of bacon.  The bacon was crisp and was the major flavor in the salad, which would have been bland without it.  The usual grilled chicken that would have been in the salad was coated in black pepper, however, and they had to give me a plain one due to my food allergy to black pepper. The salad was served in an attractive manner.  It had been molded into a cylinder and the dressing was served on the side in a mini gravy server type pourer.  People around me ordered a tuna poke bowl, a Greek salad & twice baked potato, a battered fish platter. We were given 2 lobed rolls with butter for the table of 10, but no bread plate and these were not served until after the meal arrived.  My cobb salad, iced tea, and one lobe of roll cost $24.50, including tip, and I thought that was a little high for what I received.  

The decor in the restaurant was attractive. At lunchtime it was pretty dark in there, with candles on the small tables and large interesting lights in the middle where we were seated.  Our group of 10 was seated at a long narrow table and the restaurant was very noisy, so it was difficult to talk to people across the table and impossible to talk to those further down the length of the table, leaving conversation mainly to those on either side of one's chair.  

Service was good.  We had two waitresses for our table of 10 and they were efficient in taking orders, serving food, and refilling drinks.  The only negative, as mentioned before, was that bread was served after the entrees arrived rather than before, and without bread plates.



Comments