Weber Grill, Galleria - Visited April 2016


Today I was lucky enough to receive another lunch pick since my birthday is coming up this week. I had to try some place new so I selected the Weber Grill that just opened up at the Galleria Mall. Ironically the very first restaurant I reviewed on this blog was the BlackFinn after it opened in 2012, and now 4 years later it has been replaced by the Weber Grill so I must review them as well.


The first thing you see that greets you when you are about to enter is a statue of George A. Stephen grilling, the man who invented the Weber grill. The statue is a bit odd right there in front of the revolving door, but he sure looks happy grilling up his steak. The restaurant is pretty large inside, and I believe they took down some walls from when it was the BlackFinn, although they did enclose the Grill Academy in the corner. They left some of the ceiling exposed and it is a pretty accommodating space. The restaurant was not very full and we were seated at a comfortable booth for four, and we were given a glass of water along with a bottle of iced water for the table. Our server arrived and took our drink orders and also asked if we wanted some pretzel rolls. Note that they do not have any "normal" iced tea, only some special citrus type.

The pretzel rolls were served with both normal and special garlic butter. I tried both types but preferred the normal butter. The rolls were indeed quite pretzel like, with a shiny, salted coating and a soft white center. They were quite tasty rolls. For lunch my son selected their Prime Kettleburger, my mother-in-law ordered a Classic burger, my wife picked the Classic Margherita pizza (with a Caesar salad) and I selected the BBQ Mini Sandwich Sampler. We did not have to wait very long to receive our meals.
Prime Kettleburger
The Kettleburger was quite enormous and we were trying to decide how my son would fit it in his mouth. It was definitely bigger than the Classic burger which seemed large enough. My son even wanted more pickles to pile on top which our server did not mind bringing. My wife's grilled pizza was long and served on a similar wood board. They both probably would have preferred having a normal plate.
Classic Margherita pizza
 My son thought his burger was really good, but my wife thought the grilled pizza had too much sauce. She thought it would be more like a flatbread with just tomatoes and not any sauce. I did enjoy my sandwich sampler, with them all being made using the same pretzel rolls. The pulled pork and brisket sandwiches both used the same Weber's Hickory BBQ Sauce which was good and sweet, and went very well with their grilled meat. The BBQ meatloaf  sandwich was also very moist and flavorful and I enjoyed that one as well. The kettle chips were crisp and hearty, much better than the rather bland Parmesan fries that came with my son's burger. I would definitely pick their chips over their fries.
Mini BBQ Sandwich sampler
Our server was very attentive and visited often, although my wife did not appreciate being called "sweetie". My son visited the restroom and said it was very nice and well done. Overall the place looked very nice and seemed to be well maintained, but it has only been open a few weeks, so time will tell how well they keep it up. The meats all seemed to be cooked very well and were very flavorful, and I hope it lasts longer than the BlackFinn restaurant did. We did notice that the prices were somewhat above average, which lowered the overall value of the meal, but it is still some place that is worth visiting every now and then.

Food Quality
Service/Value

Comments