Racanelli's Pizza, Delmar - Ordered Delivery October 2015


It was Bosses' Day on Friday so to celebrate the event we decided to order in from Racanelli's on Delmar since they have to deal with the trolley construction and it is run by a friend of someone in our department. The order was sent in around 11:00am, and the person who called it in, Marcia, said the person taking the order seemed a bit confused and disagreeable, and she was hoping the order was not messed up too bad. Unfortunately, when the order finally arrived at about 12:45pm it was.

At this point we were all about ready to collapse and eat office supplies, but we realized that the orders were a mess. Luckily the celebrated "Boss" of the day, Robert, ordered a sandwich which was actually what he ordered, as were the chef's salad and the vegetable che's salads. However, the other three orders were not. Beth ordered a stromboli with sausage and ricotta cheese, Marcia ordered a slice of pepperoni pizza and I ordered a pepperoni stromboli, none of which were delivered. What we received instead was three stromboli's, one with sausage, pepperoni and ricotta cheese, and two with sausage and pepperoni. I originally had the one with the riccotta cheese, but we soon realized that was closest to the one Beth ordered. Unfortunately I had already consumed a quarter of it, so I traded her my other  half for her other half (ricotta free) and she pulled out all her pepperoni.

We also all received side salads with dressing with them, and I noticed even with the small amount of included Creamy Italian dressing, it was a bit lackluster, So I took the pepperoni that Beth had discarded from her stromboli and added it all to my salad, and that helped it out quite a bit. The strombolis were pretty large and Marcia offered me part of hers as my "dessert" and I added some of the pepperoni from her stromboli to my salad as well (at least the salad was pretty large.) The strombolis themselves were pretty good. I did like the ricotta cheese that Beth had ordered with hers, but they were also good without it. They were also fairly large with a lot of dough, and plenty of pepperoni. They also came with some additional sauce for dipping and for some reason neither Beth nor Marcia seemed to use much of theirs (I used up all of mine and some of theirs!)

So the food itself was pretty good, but the wait for the food was horrendous and they messed up the order. But we will still probably order from them again since Beth wants to help her friend durinng the street construction, and plus we just love to eat!

Food:
Service:


Comments