Mi Ranchito U CIty - Visited Sept 2014


Since the Joy Luck Buffet was being remodelled, we were forced to go to Bob's second pick for lunch which was Mi Ranchito on Kingsland. We drove over in two separate vehicles and we both grabbed spots close to the store front in the lot. It was a beautiful day for a departmental birthday lunch!

We were seated by the front windows at a table for the nine of us. We were immediately served the warm, hearty chips with plenty of their flavorful salsa with individual serving bowls. I was luckily sharing chips with three other ladies who knew how much I ate, but even as the four of us polished off a complete basket of those tasty chips, a waiter magically appeared and brought us another one. Their service was very responsive as always.

Birthday boy Bob likes to order the Chile Authentic, two peppers stuffed with cheese with mole sauce, rice, beans and tortillas. That sounded too plain for me so I looked for some combination with a bunch of different things, and I found it in "The Guadalajara Special". For only $7.99 I received one tamale, two taquinos mexicanos (one chicken, one beef), and four large nachos: one with beans, one with chicken, one with rice, and one with chicken. This was all served with a massive pile of lettuce, guacamole, tomatoes and sour cream. Everyone else ordered smaller lunch specials, but when mine came out they wondered why mine was piled so high with stuff. The amazing thing was their smaller lunch combinations were about the same price but I must have had twice as much food as anyone else for the same price. Sure enough, I was the last one eating while the ladies next to me had finished off their meals minutes before.

It was another good meal at Mi Ranchito. I would definitely recommend the Guadalajara Special which had a large variety of very delicious items. On the ride back I was trying to tell someone what all I had eaten and I could not remember it all, I just remembered it was all good and there sure was a lot of it. In my book, that is a great lunch!

Comments