Schlafly's Bottleworks- Visited for Dinner, July 2013


Usually we visit all our restaurants for lunch on Saturday, but since my son was hosting a birthday get together (no longer a "party" in high school) we went out for dinner instead. It was my wife's pick and she decided she wanted to go to Schlafly's Bottleworks in Maplewood. I was a little hesitant to go there on a Saturday evening for dinner, but since we would get there around 5:00 pm I thought we might be early enough to beat the crowd. When we arrived we noticed the front parking lot was almost completely packed, but the back lot (behind the gate) was empty. We were not sure if we were allowed to park back there or not, but luckily we saw a car leave in the front lot so we nabbed their spot instead. Later when we were leaving we did notice a lot of cars parked in the back lot, so it must be okay.

Even though the lot was so full, the restaurant actually had plenty of empty tables. We noticed many folks were sitting outside where some live music was performing (it looked like just one guy and an acoustic guitar.) We were seated right away and our waitress took our drink order right away. It was ironic that my daughter was wearing a Fitz's T-shirt but ordered a fountain drink whereas my son who was not wearing a Fitz's shirt ordered a Fitz's root beer. It was then time to order and everybody else besides me ordered a bison burger. I had to break the trend so I ordered the Chipotle Blackbean Burger. I also decided to order their Italian house salad instead of the house salad with the Vanilla Vinaigrette as a change of pace. The salad had a strong olive bite to it which I liked and was quite different from the vanilla based salad which is also very good. My black bean burger was good as always and I was even able to steal some Billy Goat chips from both my son and my daughter. Those are some very good potato chips!

All in all it was another good meal at Schlafly's, where the food and service are almost always consistently good. We never ever order any beer there, but keep coming back for the food!

Comments