Five Star Burgers - July Burger of the Month


Today it was my pick for lunch and I had a hard time deciding. The tipping point was when my wife suggested I look to see what the "burger of the month" was at Five Star Burgers in Clayton, and when I saw it, my decision was made. It has the rather nondescript name of "Burger Bash", but as described on their Facebook page:

"Our grilled all-natural angus beef on toasted brioche with balsamic-grilled tomatoes, organic greens and herbed goat cheese."

I noticed at the restaurant the description on the table called it the "Never-Never Angus Beef", but whatever that is, it is pretty tasty. I just Googled it, and most of the descriptions mention that the "Never-Never Angus Beef" patties are available at Trader Joe's. However, what made the burger so tasty (and messy) were the herbed goat cheese and the balsamic grilled tomatoes. Both were flavorful enough to add a lot to the burger without overpowering the taste of the beef patty. And together they complemented each other nicely to make a good tasting burger that was quite different from just a regular, plain burger. It was a nice combination. Along with an order of onion rings it made a very good lunch.

As usual, however, the one thing we complained about there were the beverages (although I always drink water everywhere anyway.) They do provide a bottle of water on the table, but the others in my group wanted iced tea or fountain sodas, and the ones they serve there at Five Star are just too weird and not to their liking. Oh well, we will have to stick to just eating their food and drinking the water.



Comments