Panera Bread Galleria - Visited June 2013


Last weekend was my wife's lunch pick and she decided to visit the Panera (St. Louis Bread Co) at the Galleria Mall location, just because the one at Wrenwood and Brentwood is always so crowded. That sounded fine to me since I realize I have not actually eaten inside that Panera in a long time if ever. I know I had eaten outside it before (when I ate at Five Guys Burgers and Fries) but even that had been a while. The Panera is located just north of the Nordstrom store with a bunch of tables in the central mall area, but we actually decided to use Panera's seating this time. I usually pick a 'You Pick 2' combination and I went with the Chicken Chipotle panini and their Turkey Chili. I noticed at the Galleria location the chili was the one item where you could choose your own price, but since I picked it as a 'Pick 2' combination I do not think I had that option. It is an interesting idea in any case.

The food was solid and uneventful as usual and I also was able to share one of their fresh cookies with the rest of our group. Afterwards we went to visit the new Microsoft Store in the mall. It is located just a stone's throw from the Apple Store and it amazingly similar in layout and style. The problem is that it is full of silly Microsoft Surface tablets and Windows phones like the Nokia Lumia. I thought the big decision in smartphones was between iOS and Android. Windows Phone? Really?

Comments