Five Star Burgers - The Ladue Road/Maryland Ave Lunch Saga - May 2013


Today it was my pick for Saturday lunch, so I wanted to pick some place new. My first selection was the newly opened Original Pancake House on Ladue Road just east of the Schnucks Plaza. We found it easily enough, but at 11:40am on a Saturday morning the place was packed with a long line of people waiting outside. My next pick was the even newer Cini Italian restaurant in the same plaza so we walked down to see if they were as crowded. Luckily they were not, but the place looked too "fast food" for the rest of my group and they wanted to vote me down. We tried to decide where else to go. There was Pei Wei in the Schnucks Plaza, and there was... Five Star Burgers! We had just been there a few weeks before, but they were always so good! So we drove down Ladue Road, past J. McGraugh's Bar and Grill (which can be pretty good, but can also be not so great) until it turned into Maryland Avenue and tried to park in the lot behind the restaurant. Unfortunately the lot was full but we were lucky to find an empty street spot just as we left the lot.

As we approached Five Star we were afraid they would be crowded too since we saw a bunch of people eating outside there, but when we went inside it was actually fairly empty. Since we had just been there, I wanted to get something besides the Dad's Green Chile Cheeseburger, which I know is incredible but I just had one a few weeks ago. I thought about getting the special Potsticker pork burger but instead went with the Lamb Burger. It was incredibly juicy and tasted delicious as always. I liked the olive tapenade they used to top it as well as the fried pickles. Along with a side of onion rings it was yet another high fat indulgent masterpiece from Five Star. My son did complain that his usually incredible Blue Ribbon Burger did not have enough gorgonzola cheese on it (not as much as they usually put on it) but he still ate his burger ravenously, so it did not stop him from eating it!

We will have to wait until not so many people go to the Original Pancake House to check it out, but otherwise, we can just keep on eating those scrumptiously juicy burgers at Five Star.


Comments

  1. I suggest that you just pop in to put your name on the list at The Original Pancake House Hugh, and then return after running some errands. There is usually a wait on the weekends, but you can always try to snag a spot at the counter in the back as well. Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment