Wei Hong U CIty - Delivery Order - Feb 2013


It was birthday lunch day in our fine academic department and someone decided we should order in from Wei Hong Seafood restaurant on Olive in University City. I knew of them as a good dim sum place, but have never ordered delivery from them so I was curious how good they would be. Our departmental administrative officer decided to pass around a piece of paper where we could all write down our orders, which seemed rather old fashioned to me, and because of the physical passing around the order was not placed until about 11:50am. He was told on the phone that we should be expecting the order at about 12:30pm which was a bit later than my normal lunch but was acceptable.

Soon it was almost 12:30 and he sent out another e-mail:

Apparently they are delivering by rickshaw. Now they say 1 p.m.

The food finally found its way to our building on campus at 1:50pm after the delivery guy said he had trouble locating Scott Rudolph Hall on campus. Apparently the 5 signs and the 10 plaques with the guy's name stamped on our building was not good enough for him to find us.

In any case I noticed I had some of another person's curry sauce trying to seep into my container of General Tso's chicken. I actually took some of my rice and cleaned off the sauce and ate it, and it was honestly not too bad! Unfortunately our food was now lukewarm, but we were all so hungry we could have eaten the containers. My hot and sour soup was not hot either in temperature or in flavor (rather bland), but my crab rangoons were not too bad, better than the overcooked ones we had just received at Pei Wei. The General Tso's chicken was also lukewarm but not too bad considering. I bet it would have been better if it had not been driven around who knows where for an hour or so. I cannot recommend the delivery service, but the food itself may not be so bad! And it was definitely reasonably priced with generous portions. Luckily, however, I did have room afterwards for some birthday cake!

Comments

Post a Comment