Pei Wei Ladue Crossing - Visited Feb 2013

Last week was my wife's week to pick and she decided we should visit the Pei Wei in Ladue Crossing (the Schnuck's plaza on Ladue Road just east of I-170.) Looking online for the menu I noticed that there are only two Pei Wei locations in all of Missouri, and both are in the St. Louis area, one in Creve Coeur less than 2 miles from our old house, and the one in Ladue just a couple miles from our current house. It seems like we have always been close to a Pei Wei! Their food is always very consistent and we always like the quantity and quality of the meat they add to their portions. Many other Chinese places either give you very little meat, or really fatty or nasty meat, and Pei Wei is a pleasant exception.


I also like how their menu allows you a lot of options since you can select your meat separate from the sauce and vegetables they cook it with. On this occasion I selected the Pei Wei Spicy Chicken Combo with a spring roll. We also ordered an order of crab wontons as an appetizer. When our order of crab wontons was coming over, one of them fell on the floor so they told us they would bring us more. When they returned they gave us another batch of six so we ended up with 11 total for the price of 6! That was definitely a good start, even if the crab wontons were not overly exciting.

When our lunches arrived, my Pei Wei Spicy Chicken was tasty as always and I could dip my spring roll in the tangy Pei Wei Spicy sauce. My son had ordered the Lo Mein with chicken and he only ate half of it, which means I was able to eat it for lunch on Monday! I thoroughly enjoyed eating it straight out of the cardboard container at work, although I wished I had chopsticks instead of using a fork. Their lo mein noodles seem much more "ramen-like" than the spaghetti like noodles you get some other places and I like that consistency. So I had two tasty lunches from out visit to Pei Wei. I definitely cannot complain about that! 

Comments