Red Lobster for Lunch at Maplewood - January 2013


It was again my mother-in-law's pick so I knew we had a good chance of ending up again at Red Lobster, but at least this time it was for lunch. Our last visit was at dinner and ended up being not so nice, so I was hoping a new year at lunchtime would be better. We were seated this time at a booth in the section facing Lowe's which was a different view than normal. We noticed the music selection was a bit odd, and included "Turn Around" by Matt Maher, a song our praise band performs at church which was pretty cool.

I perused the menu looking for something new, but instead picked one of my old lunch menu standbys there, the blackened catfish which I always order with the rice pilaf. Since my children were both substituting their salads for a bowl of clam chowder, I thought I would substitute my salad for a bowl of the chicken tortilla soup. That goes quite well with their decadent garlic cheese biscuits. I had to make sure we asked for a second batch of biscuits so I could take the extras home for breakfast (I love eating leftovers for breakfast!) I was also lucky enough to be seated next to my son who always has extra food to steal, so I ate some of his popcorn shrimp with the cocktail sauce he never uses. He prefers plain ketchup!

All in all it was a standard meal at Red Lobster for lunch which definitely beats Red Lobster at dinner. Plus I had my breakfast biscuits so I considered it a major win!

Comments