Pasta House U City - Visited January 2013


Today was another visit to the University City Pasta House on Delmar and Old Bonhomme. It was my daughter's pick, and it was a well located pick since we were headed over to the Washington University Campus Bookstore to purchase her textbooks afterwards (for her final semester, whoopee!) Today's group was a total of six of us, but since we arrived around 11:30 am it was still pretty empty. I checked the day's specials to see what different item to select, but I decided to get the Nonna Tucci Meatball sub with a side of red pasta and a salad. Along with a roll and one of my son's toasted ravioli that ended up being quite a large meal, but I was able to finish it all up. The meatball sub was larger than I had expected with three large meatballs on a large garlic cheese sub roll. It was difficult to eat with my hands but I managed to get the job done without making too large of a mess of myself. My daughter's gluten allergic friend was again able to select off the gluten-free menu, selecting the seared chicken breast which she seemed to like better than their gluten free chicken parmigiano she tried a previous time. Everyone else picked their usual selections: my son again selected a bacon pizza (to be eaten tomorrow for lunch as well) and the toasted ravioli as an appetizer, my daughter picked her baked mostaciolli (without the meatballs), my wife selected her usual large salad, and my mother-in-law selected the grilled pesce. As usual the meal was good and I was stuffed like a turkey at Thanksgiving. I was happily gorged enough to go to the campus bookstore and cheerfully purchase my daughter's final college textbooks (with the 10% staff discount)... for the last time ever!

Comments