Mike Duffy's - Richmond Heights - Visited December 2012


On my quest to find a good local burger, I noticed a few references to Mike Duffy's which happened to have a location in Richmond Heights, so I had to try it out. It just so happens to be in the Schnuck's Plaza near the Esquire Theater, and I noticed a new restaurant going in where the old Outback used to live, the "Dynasty Hibachi Seafood Sushi Buffet." Being a well known buffet-a-holic I am pretty sure we will have to try that place out when it opens!

But going back to Mike Duffy's, we visited a little before noon on a Saturday and it was pretty empty. We all ordered burgers except my son who wanted to try the St. Louis style pizza. Despite being fairly empty, the food took a while, but the atmosphere was fine, your typical sports bar type feel to it. We noticed a group of Oklahoma State fans were at another table, and they were not too pleased that the Cowboys were losing to Baylor. Even our waiter had an orange OSU button which we thought rather odd. Finally our food did arrive and we noticed our burgers were very tall! I ordered the A1 burger which included an onion ring and A1 sauce on top, and I thought it tasted pretty good, even if it was difficult to fit into my mouth! My mother-in-law and wife both ordered the steamed vegetables with their burgers and seemed to like that, although I stuck with their fries which were very decent but nothing exceptional. Likewise my son enjoyed his pizza and said it was pretty good but nothing exceptional either.

So overall I would have to say the burgers were indeed good there, but nothing overly exceptional. Definitely better than any fast food burger, but no different than any other bar & grill type burger. I am much more excited about visiting the Dynasty Buffet when it opens!

P. S. My wife actually just visited the Kirkwood Mike Duffy's and had another burger with steamed vegetables. Again she enjoyed it and said it was good but nothing exceptional.

Comments