Wendy's Rock Hill - Visited October 2012


It was my 15 year old son's week to pick where we ate on Saturday which is always a scary event. His high class selection was... the Wendy's at the Market at McKnight in Rock Hill. As we were driving towards it I made some obvious suggestions. "Amighetti's sure makes good sandwiches. Say how about Bandana's? Look, the Altai Mongolian Grill!" Of course, my suggestions were all ignored and we headed towards the smiling red haired girl.
As he had told me his decision before leaving home, I had to check out their menu online to see if there was anything there remotely interesting to eat. I knew I would be getting some type of spicy chicken entree, and I noticed they had an Asiago Ranch Chicken club that was available in Spicy, Homestyle or Grilled format. That sounded better than a boring burger (although their burgers are still better than McDonalds or Burger King, but what does that really say?) So I ordered the Spicy Asiago Ranch Chicken club, along with a small fries and a small frostie. My son appropriately ordered the Son of Baconator, and my wife and mother-in-law both ordered a plain Wendy's burger (my wife with fries, my mother-in-law with a baked potato) and they split a frostie. The food was, well, typical Wendy's as you would expect. Through the window I could see the the Crazy Bowl's and Wraps and Imo's on the south side of Manchester, trying to remember which one Amighetti's was taking over when they moved from their location on the corner. It is something when you are sitting in one restaurant and thinking about visiting another one!

Comments