Schlafly's Bottleworks, Maplewood - visited October 2012


Now that I am blogging just about everywhere we eat on our regular Saturday lunches, it is amazing to realize this is the third time we have visited Schafly's Bottleworks for lunch in about six months. Luckily I do not mind too much since they actually have a variety of different things, and I always try to find something interesting to get there. This time I looked at their brunch menu and thought I would go with the Chorizo Breakfast Burrito, and I would share a field green salad (with the vanilla vinaigrette) with my wife along with a slice of her Formaggiovore pizza (and sample some of my daughter's Billy Goat chips). My son really likes the Bologna & Egg sandwich with extra bacon, my daughter picked a Bison Burger, and my mother-in-law selected their Grilled Cheese sandwich (Jack, smoked gouda, provolone and cheddar on bistro roll) with a side of potato gratin. We had never tried their potato gratin before and it was quite tasty, very cheesy and pretty rich.

We read their little card listing all the beers that were available and we were curious what IBU stood for. I just liked to say it like a word "eee-boo" (like the grandpa on the Simpson's Movie saying "eeee-pah" for EPA.) Luckily my daughter had her android phone and could look it up on Google.  Who would have thought it was an abbreviation for "international bittering unit"? I prefer to just stick to calling it an "eee-boo".

My chorizo burrito was good with a nice blend with the eggs, potatoes, salsa and chorizo, and the waiter even gave me my own bottle of Tabasco which I used quite generously. It went well with the vanilla vinaigrette salad, cheesy pizza, and my daughter's chips. My waiter must have been watching me eat her chips, since while he was taking away my son's plate he asked me if I wanted his chips. What did he think I was, a gluttonous pig? I sure hope he did not realize that he was correct!

Comments