Another Schlafly's Bottleworks Visit - August 2012


Since we had driven right by Schlafly's Bottleworks last week and realized it was not too busy, we decided to go there last Saturday after our not overly impressive visit at the Southwest Diner. As usual they seated us right away and I had to find something new to order on the menu! This time I went with the Bratwurst Burger which sounded quite interesting, and my son tried something unusual, the Bologna & Egg sandwich. Another different item my daughter's friend tried was the gluten-free pizza, specifically the "Formaggiovore" version with all sorts of cheese on the pizza: mozzarella, gouda, provolone, jack, cheddar, feta and goat. Luckily we all shared! I will have to say that I did like my Bratwurst Burger which had a good hearty flavor and a nice horseradish mustard with a kick to it, but I actually enjoyed the Formaggiovore pizza even more. The blend of cheeses worked very well together and the crust did not taste like some of the stiff and bland gluten-free products we have tried before.

Comments