Jilly's Cupcake Bar & Cafe - June 2012


This review is not from us, but from a former neighbor who also likes to eat out. She and her husband recently visited Jilly's Cupcake Bar & Cafe in University City and gave us her review. I will include it in its entirety so she does not sue me for libel. We just drove by it the other day and noticed they had expanded into the area that used to be Winston's Fabrics.

They had little cupcakes you could put on the frosting and sheet cakes of some of the cupcakes you could buy - they had the maple bacon cupcake in a regular cake and that was great.  Breakfast and lunch items - their chicken salad was fantastic. They had a baked french toast that was outstanding and waffles that [my husband] loved.  We are going back next Sunday, for [my son] to try as he was not with us. It is too expensive for us to go every Sunday - besides I would gain so much stinking weight.  It was around $16 per person - not bad for that kind of a buffet.  It was really crowded and they do take reservations but we were seated right away.  I didn't eat the rest of the day - nothing and I am still not very hungry this morning.  They had both sausage and bacon, eggs benedict but used beef brisket instead of ham and was so yummy.  Roast beef hash, caramelized brie, deviled eggs (yummy), mac and cheese (best I have ever had at a restaurant) lo mien, shish kabobs (didn't try) two kinds of egg dishes - one with just cheese and one fully loaded.  These great parfaits that had great homemade granola. It was so good.


Comments