Twin Oaks - Opened June 2011


I was following the opening of this restaurant last year in the Brentwood Patch, since we often drive down Strassner and knew it was coming soon. At first it was going to be called "Taste" but when we went to actually visit it, we discovered they had changed their name to "Twin Oak" which reminds me of the "Twin Pine" shopping mall in the "Back to the Future" movie. (You remember it was initially "Twin Pines" but after they crash into one of the pine trees and go back to the future the name is then "Lone Pine".) Anyway, I digress, and we visited there to test out their "wood fired fare". We were seated at a table by the windows which faced Strassner so we could see Camille's Sidewalk Cafe and Jimmie John's on the other side of the street. The place had high ceilings and a very light and airy interior.

We looked at the menu and decided to split two pizzas between the four of us with us each getting a salad.  I believe my wife and I each ordered the Twin Oak salad and my mother-in-law ordered the Caesar salad. The salads were good and light and prepared us for the pizzas which soon appeared. They were fresh and quite good with a nice delicate crust that was light and flavorful. I believe my son ordered a "build your own" bacon, and my wife and I ordered the "Fresh from the Garden" which we all shared. The problem was, once we finished them both we were still hungry! So we looked on the menu and noticed for $4 you could also order some "wood fire dough for dipping". This was pretty much just one of their tasty pizza crusts with nothing on top. So we ordered one and found it to be just as good as the pizza which seemed rather pricey for their size. So next time, our goal is probably to each get a salad, and then to order a pizza and some "dough for dipping" for two people. That seems like a reasonable meal without being too expensive.

Comments