Blue Sky Tower Grill - May 2011


I noticed the Blue Sky Tower Grill was opening last year in the bottom of the University Club Tower in Richmond Heights since I commute using the Metrolink station near there every day to go to work. They had a large banner up for a while displaying their opening and also their hours. They were open for lunch on Saturday which meant we were headed there for sure! So we headed over there late last summer (2011) to see what it was like. We parked in the large surface parking lot in front of the tower and headed inside to find it almost completely empty for a Saturday lunch. We assume they have a lot more business during the work week.
The dining area is two or three stories high with huge windows in front where you can watch the traffic down Brentwood Boulevard and the happenings at the Galleria. Perhaps we would see some crazy Metrolink riders darting across Brentwood trying to not become road kill! Their menu has a variety of salads, flatbreads, sandwiches, wraps, burgers and entree's, so I had a difficult time deciding what to get. It has been a while so I must jog my memory, but I bet my son ordered a flatbread, my wife probably ordered one of the more interesting salads or a club sandwich, and my mother-in-law probably ordered a Caesar salad. I believe I ordered the Buffalo Chicken Wrap with cole slaw. I do remember, however, that we were all pretty pleased with the food quality as well as the service we received there, especially since we just about the only ones there. That is a pretty unique and not so "run of the mill" place to go have a reasonably priced meal. It sure beats having to eat in the Galleria Food Court in the mall, or even waiting at the nearby Nadoz in the Boulevard Saint Louis which has some good food but is always pretty crowded.

Comments